Sunday, March 10, 2013

I'm coming home

Before I started studying the bible and then eventually making the decision to make Jesus the Lord of my life, I had one of the most challenging times I had ever experienced. Gaining my families trust again and trying to convince them that I really did want to change was difficult to the most extreme. They had no faith in me, and I didn't either, I didn't know where to begin. 

This next poem paints the picture

Note his expression, monotone and unaware 
try not to stare and don't observe like you really care
his blank stare is evident that he's not all there
He definitely isn't here, but deep down he's gasping for air
The diagnosis is a hard life aiming to swallow him 
the people he cared for the most weren't there to coddle him 
now bottled in nothing you say can help you win 
him over with nourishment the damage done is permanent 
you say "God knows what will help him!" with a frustrated tone
but he took it to heart and prayed that he wouldn't feel alone
God was in heaven waiting to hear his voice as he was seated on his throne
and replied "Son don't you fret, I will show you the way home" 

Rafa

1 comment: